Alternate Certification Information

Please note that candidates for alternative certification in your school district who were hired over the summer and have a Statement of Eligibility (SOE) should complete their individual professional development plan (IPDP) as soon as possible after the date of hire. It is expected that an Alternative 4/5 candidate for New Hampshire certification will construct a professional development plan for that certification area that is just as rigorous as if they are enrolled in a teacher preparation program at an institution of higher education. A portfolio of evidence that documents completion of the appropriate competencies must be submitted as part of the end of plan for full certification. If you have questions about this process or need assistance please contact the Bureau of Credentialing.


New Hampshire Department of Education

101 Pleasant Street

Concord, NH 03301-3852

(603) 271-2409