General Information from NHDOE

posted Oct 1, 2016, 3:37 PM by Professional Learning   [ updated Oct 1, 2016, 3:37 PM ]
Alternative 4 or Alternative 5 Certification Plans
Please note that candidates for alternative certification in your school
district who were hired over the summer and have a Statement of Eligibility
(SOE) should complete their individual professional development plan (IPDP)
as soon as possible after the date of hire. It is expected that an
Alternative 4/5 candidate for New Hampshire certification will construct a
professional development plan for that certification area that is just as
rigorous as if they are enrolled in a teacher preparation program at an
institution of higher education. A portfolio of evidence that documents
completion of the appropriate competencies must be submitted as part of the
end of plan for full certification. If you have questions about this
process or need assistance please contact the Bureau of Credentialing.
There is a new power point on the certification web page to assist with the
alternative pathways.

Contact: Bill Ross, (603) 271-2407 (Alt. 4) or
Christine Zinkand, (603) 271-3873, (Alt. 5)

If you want to learn more about the NH Alternative 4 and 5 certification
requirements then this PowerPoint will walk you through then process.  You
will find it very helpful whether you are a teacher, administrator or just
interested in learning more. The Powerpoint can be found at